Thursday, December 19, 2013

2 years later

On a cold December morning this beautiful little girl was placed in our arms.  And all of our lives forever changed.2011-12-19 Eleanor Day %287%29-1653988524-O 2011-12-20 adoptionday6

When I think of that day I remember:
…the tiny piece of chocolate she clutched so tightly that I had to pry it out of her hand as it melted and ran down her arm
… the tiny laughs and smiles we received before leaving the civil affairs office
…the tiny garfield shoes she was wearing.  Will was obsessed.  But she was not a fan of him touching them.
…so stoic for a little thing, doing her best to hold back those tears.  So wanting to please us.
….her beauty. Plain and simple.  We were both taken with her physical beauty. (and those lashes that go for miles…)That beauty masks SO much pain still.
On the van ride to the hotel Mister Wilson so wisely said  “God made her new”.  Such simple and profound words from a 3 year old.  2011-12-19 Eleanor Day %2860%29-1653989024-O
It has been a long two years.  I’m sure it has been harder on Ella than Chris and I….which is almost more than I can comprehend.  It has not been easy.  But I know it is perfect.  I know God is doing more work on us as parents than he’s doing with Ella.  It is humbling and exhausting and beautiful. And I cannot wait to see what year 3 brings.


Isaiah 61:3 (NLT)
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.photo (5)

...and lastly, a very brief video of our first hours together at the hotel:


No comments: