Monday, September 23, 2013

Unfailing Love

Earlier this year, I went to an adoptive mom’s retreat.  It was wonderful but re-entry was torturous.  (emotionally exhausted, not to mention a horrible cold….) I swore I wouldn’t go again anytime soon.  But my dear friend, Angie….you know, Yaya’s mom, was going to a mini retreat in her hometown, put on by her church.  She already had her ticket and a room at a resort when she sprung the idea on me.  I was hesitant, but was excited about a few of the speakers so I cast my fears aside and said yes. 

We had a great time!  As expected, I left there refreshed, motivated and excited about trying new things with the kids.  And with a horrible cold.  Figures.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience.  Nothing compares to being surrounded by a bunch of adoptive mama’s and being reminded what gifts God has blessed us with!

2013-09-22

I may have to just embrace getting sick again and sign up to go next year.

A big thanks to the hubby for manning the ship this weekend.  He never hesitates to send me off for some much needed time away. 

Unfailing Love Retreat

No comments: