Saturday, September 07, 2013

hello there!

I haven’t blogged in a week!

I haven’t used my big camera since the middle of August!  So you will have to settle for random phone pictures which have nothing to do with this post.

I’m not sure what’s going on.

We are adjusting to our new schedule.  Who knew the carpool line was going to take up such a big chunk of my day?!   On Tues/Thurs we go from Wyatt’s school straight to Will’s school.  We are in the car for 2 hours those afternoons. We take the long way to school and I pray one of the littles falls asleep.  It usually works. We are still working the kinks out but are getting there.

I have read, and re-read this post from my favorite writer about hitting the two year mark in adoption. I don’t expect many of you to read it, it’s long. (But it’s a MUST read if you have adopted, or plan to adopt. As is this post about the 1 year mark.) As usual, she hits the nail on the head about post-adoption.  So grateful for “truth-tellers” in the adoption community.

We are still treading water, but know one day we will be swimming. I have just recently realized that two years isn’t really long enough for a child to recover from two dramatic loses in their short life. We will eventually get to the place of healing. 

Hopefully I will get back in the swing of things next week.

Here are the random pictures I promised.

Chris surprised us and took the Friday before Labor Day off.  We took the littles to the zoo (so strange to go without Mister Wilson!).

Their favorite exhibit, the box turtles.  Go figure.
2013-08-31 (3)

Followed by the Chinese alligators.
2013-08-31 (4)

And last, a carousel ride.  We were the only ones there and the sweet man let us ride THREE times!
2013-08-31 (2)

No comments: