Sunday, June 23, 2013

ridin’ the waves

And the end of summer last year Will decided he was ready to brave the tube, but on the back of the jet ski.  This year he decided he was ready to brave the boat.

He was all smiles and quite giddy at this new adventure.

SONY DSC

This funny face was the result of a big U-turn.  He didn’t know what to think!

SONY DSC

And then I’m not sure what happened.  Perhaps the cold water, or the bumpy ride.  Or more than likely, the sway of the tube ride was lulling him to sleep.  At this point, I will discourage Will from pursuing a career in anything that involves moving vehicles of any sort. 

Will said he was DONE.  And he wasn’t going to do it again.  Hopefully he’ll change his mind next time.

2013-06-16 Fathers Day wknd (288)

Trying to put a fun ending note on the tube ride I convinced Ella to take a ride with Chris.  She agreed.

SONY DSC

And while she’s smiling, she was quickly finished.  I’m proud of her for braving the tube.  Will refused to watch, but I think he was just trying not to fall asleep.

I have zero expectations of Wyatt trying it any time soon.

SONY DSC

What a fun moment, watching these two ride the tube for the first time. For more years than I can count, I spent my weekends doing this very thing.  Three tubes wide, usually with my cousins by my side.  Such sweet memories.  And now the kids are carrying on the tradition.  LOVE summertime!

No comments: