Saturday, March 16, 2013

lest I forget

A song came on while I was cooking and the chorus was “lest we forget”.  I was quickly reminded that I did not want to forget how hard I prayed for these three.  That there were so many quiet weekends where we longed for just one.  And now we have three preschoolers!

DSC06374

There are many days that I am physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually deflated by these three.  Two with baggage and grief they don’t know how to express and one just trying to find his place in the chaos.

DSC06377

So while I’m cooking dinner in a quiet house, watching Chris play outside with the trio (going on 5 hours!) I am thankful that God trusted us to help them find their way in this world.

DSC06383

And I am thankful for the friends who talk me off the ledge when things get crazy.  It does indeed take a village to be a mother.

DSC06335

Going to sit and bask in the stillness before chaos comes back in the door.

IMG_6097

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh how well I can relate...
Thanks for the reminder not to forget in those days when it feels like I'm in the trenches.
We all need some quiet time to escape the chaos for a bit so that we can be fresh. :)