Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3 little words

Back in November we sought help from an adoption therapist.  We had a follow-up visit in February.  They were amazed at the progress we have made in such a short time.  To be honest, so are we. 

We can see so many areas that have improved greatly.  And so many areas that we are only scratching the surface on.  We have miles ahead of us on this parenting journey.  But are thrilled to be headed in a positive direction.

SONY DSC

Ella offered up her first unprompted I Love You recently.  And did it again, and again, and again. 

She has said it before, but only in response to us saying it.  And always with zero emotion or inflection.

Last week, she came up to me, when I wasn’t exactly being my best self, and said “I Love You Mama”.  Since then, Chris and I have both been the recipient of many I Love Yous. 

It was well worth the 14 month wait to hear that.

SONY DSC

We love you too Ella Wei!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

There are no other words sweeter to hear than when a "new to the family" child utters I love you unsolicited for the very first time. I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing the first time all four of mine said it. :)
Congratulations to you guys for working hard on the therapy!