Thursday, February 14, 2013

valentine’s flashback

I just read something about how Dad’s are their daughters first Valentines and it had lots of good advice, but I have 3 kids so I need to go back and re-read it to remember what it said.

But it made me remember a special Valentine from my Daddy. I was 5. And I remember that it was a Tuesday (because that was his poker night) and I thought he was gone but he was out making this in the garage.  That’s all I remember, random as it is. BUT this wooden heart has hung in every home I have lived in since 1981. It currently resides in my craft room.  It was in the hallway upstairs but the kids, well Wilson, was confused and thought it was from his daddy to him and I got tired of trying to straighten out the story….so I moved it to my craft room.  And it’s hanging with my other special things now.

SONY DSC

This picture is not from 1981, but I was too lazy to find one and scan it.  So this was the first I found on my computer.  The look on my face reminds of Wyatt…he has this look every single day.
Stan, Dottie & Julie, Cmas 1977 (edit)

I will post pictures of the love bugs celebrating later on.

Happy Valentines Day to all the ones we love.

No comments: