Friday, May 11, 2012

field trip time!

Where does the time go?  How can it already be May 11th?!  I still have a pile of April events to blog about.  Thanks to my wonderful mother,  I had 7 hours of uninterrupted time today.  Seriously, spent the entire day by myself.  All that time to think about anything other than diapers and sippy cups only to discover I had no thoughts!  Next time I guess I better bring myself a cheat sheet.  Back to April…..
Our local children's museum currently has a display about children in China and we were running out of time to visit.  SO we loaded up and headed out…..it was our first visit to the museum since Will has been old enough to really enjoy it.  He LOVED it.  The other two just followed him around (or bolted in the exact opposite direction). 
The China exhibit was packed with field trip groups so we didn’t really get to spend a lot of time there.  But our group was a bit too young for it anyway.
2012-04-30 (5)
The Great Wall puzzle/blocks were neat.  See what Wyatt is doing down there…. lovely germs.
2012-04-30 (7)
Will LOVED the science center.  Especially the wind machines.
2012-04-30 (10)
And all three LOVED the music center.  We stayed there a long time.  Thankfully we were the only ones.
2012-04-30 (1)
Ella and Wyatt thoroughly enjoyed the water activities. (Even though Ella doesn’t appear to be enjoying it, she really did!) Wyatt splashed and spilled water everywhere.  I guess that is the point so I really didn’t try to stop him.  He also refused to keep his apron on and was soaked when we left.
2012-04-30 (29)2012-04-30 (36)
Though I think Will was more soaked.  Not sure how that happened as he was pretty insistent on playing with everything by himself.





2012-04-30 (32)






We definitely will be going back…..but we might wait another year or so until Wyatt and Ella are older.

No comments: