Sunday, August 21, 2011

row, row, row your boat

For as long as I can remember I have wanted a paddle boat.  Every summer I tell anyone that will listen how much fun I think one would be. Not sure why, as I don’t really have any memories of being on one before. Saturday when we got to the lake and look what was waiting on me!  My very own paddle boat! SO EXCITING!  I am calling this my early birthday present.  (Thanks Daddy! You’re off the hook come Oct.)

We’ve all taken rides aboard my little boat (perhaps she needs a name?). Will has designated himself as the steerer.  And because he dictates that we go in circles more than straight we haven’t made it very far yet.  But we had a great time playing in it all weekend.  Even Gus took a ride or three!

And the best part, everyone commented that it was much easier to use than expected.  That means I won’t spend my years paddling alone!

This isn’t the best picture, but it cracks me up.  Apparently if you have extra guests in the back there should be two to prevent severe tipping on one side.  (Aunt Lois is visiting us this weekend.)

DSC03609

And while we’re on the subject of paddling or pedaling as Will calls it…. here is my only other experience with a paddle boat.  I don’t remember it but I do like the picture.  (Sorry Aunt Karen, I’m sure you wanted the world to see you pregnant and in a swimsuit.)  Look at my stylish Nana on the paddle boat!  I can bet this was a Sunday and I’m sure she was still in her church clothes.1978-08 Karen, Julie, Dot

3 comments:

Ladybugsmom said...

Okay I love it how fun...you will make many memories on this I am sure.

Dennis and Karen said...

I'll forgive you the picture. And yes mom was in her Sunday clothes. She actually liked that boat. Daddy bought it from Lake Winnie. They were getting all new ones. He even put indoor/outdoor carpeting on it. You will love your little boat. I think you should call her "Scooter". Wasn't that what your dad called you? Or "Jewels". Love ya

kristi said...

Your own paddleboat? That is SO COOL!!!
And I love the blast from the past picture. Your grandmother reminds me a lot of my maternal grandma...