Saturday, July 09, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {paperwork}

Last Friday I frantically waited on the mail so that I could grab our updated homestudy.  I added that to another stack of paperwork to renew our expiring USCIS paperwork and rushed to the post office.  Nothing like an expiration date right after the holidays.  That and some procrastination on our part made for a mad dash Friday.  Thankfully everything arrived in time.  And more importantly no $$$ is needed this time.  I’m sure our paperwork now sits on some government officials desk awaiting attention.  Now we can start stalking the mail for the elusive fingerprint appointment.  We are hoping it’s in August since we have a lot going on in July, I guess we’ll wait and see.  At this point I’m just happy to have all that paper sitting on someone else’s desk rather than mine.

As I searched thru 4 years of documents that were once organized I realized how sentimental this notebook has become. Five years ago I excitedly started the notebook as we sorted thru the maze of international adoption.  And as we narrowed down our agency choices it became devoted entirely to our agency and our social worker’s requirements.  Every piece of paper was copied or printed and filed accordingly.  There are copies of copies of copies.  Every single piece that was once sent to our agency, or notarized, or sent to China is in there.  Every letter of approval and every letter about updating paperwork is in there. Every receipt that is important for our adoption tax credit is in there.  (praying the credit is still active by the time we finalize)

DSC00810

DSC00805

Of course, our paperwork has been in China 4 years now, and the notebook only comes out every 18 months now.  But I look at it and see all the hours put into each and every document. It definitely was a labor of love. As daunting as the task seems, I need to scan in at least half of the documents in here.  We’ve had 2 laptops and 2 computers since this all started and as organized as we were most of the electronic copies are now missing. Looks like I have another project to work on while we wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wondering what Sunday Snapshot is? Visit Stefanie at NiHaoY'all for the details

Sunday Snapshot

5 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

That is a lot of paperwork. Insane. I am excited for you. I hope it happens soon!

Cedar said...

We are working on our last renewal right now (at least I hope with our LID 8/15/06). You are much more organized than I--congratulations on sending off that packet.

Jodi said...

Praying then next time you pull this big boy out you will be looking at your sweet, precious babies face! You have incredible patience! Bless you!

Merrill said...

Oh the notebook. I remember the notebook. And renewing fingerprints, paperwork, etc. Hang in there!

Kristi said...

Praying with you that it will be used sooner rather than later! I just know God is gonna bless your socks off for this labor of love...