Monday, August 01, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {1,637}

2-365, 2011-01-02

one thousand six hundred thirty seven

That’s how many pictures I have scanned in since last August.  I volunteered to scan all the family pictures after my grandparents passed away.  I started in August thinking it would be a nice project to work on during my maternity leave.  I had a nice little set up in the den with my laptop and scanner and it was great to do while we watched TV at night.  And I did finish about half but after I went back to work I got distracted.  And as soon as I thought I was finished someone would discover another box or album and it would magically make its way to my dining room table and begin to mock me.  But in the last month I have finally scanned them all! (I should note that I did skip over most landscapes/vacation shots w/o people, random hunting pictures and random surgery pictures, cause that’s just strange.)

Does that mean I’m finished?  NOPE.  I’m sure a few more boxes will pop up somewhere.  And not all of the pictures were labeled correctly or tagged completely.  But I did finally finish the big upload to SmugMug and now everyone can print or save as they wish. 

I will say it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.  I loved seeing all the big 80’s hair.  And the 60’s and 70’s were pretty groovy too.  But I loved seeing all the random pictures that they took, along with my Nana’s pretty descriptive labels.  Plus I found a ton of old old OLD letters and newspaper clippings that were fun to read.

This is my great-grandmother, hanging out on a cliff.  (I think this is Sunset Rock, the river is behind her in the one on the left)

img588aLydia Butler -Qu

And this picture of my Nana and a ram cracks me up.  1970's Dot& ram

And a picture of me and my Papaw (looking a little like Wyatt here….)

1970's Julie & Everette

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that's a ton of pictures..but so worth it! What a treasure to have!!