Monday, June 20, 2011

what a day

Wow. Yesterday was Father’s Day, and I don’t think it could have been any better than it was. It was one of the best days I’ve had in quite a while. Though we were all extremely exhausted by the time we got home, it was definitely worth it.
Saturday night Will gave me an early Father’s Day present, which was a new toothbrush. Julie asked him what he wanted to get for me, and there you have it. I thanked him for the gift and even used it that night.
Sunday morning Will brought me a bag with some more gifts: a new Bible (I’ve been wanting a smaller-sized one for quite a while now), and a StarWars ABC book. Will and I read through the ABC book a few times and he asked me about each of the characters and ships he saw.
In Sunday school, Will painted a wooden necktie for me to wear. Polka-dots and all. I haven’t tried it on yet, as the paint was still wet when he gave it to me. It should be perfect for a night on the town, splinters and all.
After church, we went over to Mimi and Poppy’s for lunch, and spent some time outside trying to catch butterflies and bees in the butterfly net that Poppy got for Will. Will declared that it was too hot, so we retreated back indoors to test-fly some RC-helicopters. The test flights did not occur, as both of the helicopters had issues. We ended up playing around inside for a little while longer before going back home for the boys’ naps.
After naptime we got ready and headed out to see Nana, Papaw, and the rest of the T-family & friends at the pool. Will stayed in the water for the majority of the time, while Wyatt got in and out at his request. He’s still getting used to being in water that’s not as warm as his bath. We didn’t leave the pool until 8:00, which was about an hour past Wyatt’s bedtime. He didn’t seem to mind, though you could clearly gauge how tired he was by looking at his eyes.
We got home by 8:30 and resumed the normal nightly routine of getting the kids ready for bed. By this time my eyelids were as heavy as Wyatt’s.
So that’s it in a nutshell. A great, packed, calm, hectic, activity-filled, Father’s Day. I’m truly blessed to have an incredible wife, two wonderful little boys, and someday in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future, a sweet little girl.

No comments: