Saturday, June 25, 2011

oven lovin’

I tend to express my love via baking.  I married someone who does not speak “sweets”.   Not that Chris doesn’t like cookies, pies and cakes.  They just don’t speak to him the way ice cream does.  But I have found one way to Chris’s stomach….
This recipe for  Apple Dumplings.  Oh my word, these are so good.  I only made a half recipe since it’s just the two of us.  It’s a good thing too, otherwise, we would have had to finish them all.  (and yes, he did have ice cream with them)

  076
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

 

And since it was a holiday weekend I made a second dessert to share with Mom & Dad. I stumbled across this a few days ago and decided I had to try it, Strawberry Shortcake Cake.   This one goes against all my big NO’s in desserts….. fruit, sour cream, cream cheese and sifting flour but I knew everyone else would like it so it was worth a try.  Everyone loved it, and I surprised myself by even liking it, alot.

I will say this took awhile to make, it was easy just lots of starts and stops.  And the icing was thick so it didn’t go on very pretty (which is normally is big deal to me).  But after I tasted it I decided it didn’t matter how it looked.REE_6385http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/strawberry-shortcakecake/

No comments: