Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {post-nap love}

I’m a big fan of sleep, I like lots of it. I could take a nap every day and be very happy. But what’s better than sleep is Will after a nap. Unlike how he wakes up in the morning (talking non-stop), he is very quiet. And he has always wanted someone to hold him after his nap. Sometimes it’s 5 minutes, sometimes it’s an hour. Some days he’s grumpy (if he lays down too late or doesn’t get enough sleep), but most days he just wants some hugs. Some days, like this one, he falls back to sleep.

2011-05-07 (5)

Frog is always included in the post-nap hug. And I love watching him with frog. He has a fierce grip on her and holds her the exact same way every time.

2011-05-07 (15)

And I love his blank expression when he wakes up and crazy bed hair. (he’s the sweatiest sleeper ever)2011-05-07 (20)

Slowly he starts coming around.2011-05-07 (18)

Plotting what he’s going to do the rest of the day.

2011-05-07 (24)

And before long, he’s WIDE awake and back to his loud 3 year old self. The time between that very first picture to this one is 9 minutes. He can turn it on quickly!

2011-05-07 (45)

I’ll be honest, I tend to hog Will after nap time. Chris only gets the cuddles if I’m busy with something else. But I’m selfish because all too soon, he will be older, and much too cool to hug and cuddle with ole Mom. So naptime will go down as one of my favorite memories of his childhood.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wondering what Sunday Snapshot is? Visit Stefanie at NiHaoY'all for the details

Sunday Snapshot

7 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

'I'm a big fan of sleep.'
So cute.
the pictures are ADORABLE! Totally love them!

Jen said...

Oh I love to snuggle. I have a snuggler here too! Those rosy cheeks just about did me in! You can thank that little booger for one for "follower"!

urban muser said...

these photos are adorable!

Kristy said...

what cuties, naptime is the best!

Jennifer said...

What cuties! :)

Kristi said...

There is nothing quite like a post nap snuggle, is there?
Such sweet pictures!

Lindsay said...

Oh, my goodness! He is delicious! My three-year-old sleeps with a froggie too.