Saturday, May 14, 2011

3 - how high, how low

Three is an interesting year, so far.  Will’s good and happy times are HIGH HIGH HIGH but his terrible three’s take him to an all time low, for everyone in the room.  We started seeing some very unwelcomed behavior lately and are trying to decide what works best for Will.  It’s a work in progress.  I do know that if I choose a particular issue to correct I better be willing to dig my feet in and not let up.  A simple request to clean up a mess turned into a 30 minute battle of wills the other day.  Thankfully I’m stubborn and find it all mostly humorous and am willing to wait it out and “win”.  Though I’d prefer it not to be at someone else’s house (sorry about that Renee & Joseph).  Will is definitely going to challenge us to think outside the box when it comes to finding what makes him tick.

But Will’s super highs are oh so wonderful to witness.  He is full of love, and usually willing to share it.  He’s becoming more interested in Wyatt and will, on his own, give him lots of hugs and kisses.  Oh, and Will’s imagination is on overdrive.  Today he announced his playset was a pirate ship complete with a water canon that required honey and roses to be fired.  At the moment I am listening to him over the monitor and a few words that I hear over and over are Neverland, Ahoy, Cookie (monster), and something about flying.  He’s very into Peter Pan(and Tinkerbell).  And he talks constantly about dinosaurs and loves to rattle off random facts.  We’re still not sure where he picked up those facts, neither are his teachers.  But he (correctly) uses the words paleontologists, carnivores, and herbivores on a daily basis.  We’re going to have fun keeping up with him.

I am a bit nervous about dealing with the behavior issues, but the high points more than make up for it.  This will be a fun year, I hope I can remember to blog all the fun moments (and maybe a few of the not so fun moments, just to keep it real).  So, I have a lot of random thoughts in my head you can look forward to reading soon….

SONY DSC

No comments: