Monday, June 14, 2010

still got ‘em

2010-06-11 34 weeks (7)

My feet are still visible…..though given that they are size 11’s I would hope I can still see them till the very end.  My one vain prayer has been not been about stretch marks or weight loss, but about the size of my feet.  When you’re already at an 11 there’s not much room to go up!  So far they are still 11’s, here’s hoping I can last the next few weeks.

Speaking of the next few weeks.  I had my first non-stress test (NST) today.  We both did great.  I will have this test every week until I deliver (probably twice a week since both drs will want to do it).  I was checked today as well.  1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  Granted, lots of women walk around dilated for weeks so it’s not like we’re going to see any activity in the next few days.  But as my dr explained it, every little bit helps since I will be induced and it always helps not to start from scratch (or zero).  She did say that if the amnio looks good then she didn’t see why we wouldn’t have him right after that. It was nice to solve a few more pieces of the puzzle.  It’s so complicated when you have to go back and forth between 2 drs but it sounds like all the days are starting to come together.  So maybe less than 2 weeks now.

We also talked about the actual delivery and any questions/concerns I had.  I told her I had no agenda for the delivery other than pain meds and to get him out however he needed to come out.  (In case you’re wondering, we skipped the birthing class based on all the feedback we received from friends.)

Another dr visit on Thurs.  I’ll try to keep my updates shorter, just seems like there’s lots to share these days….

2 comments:

epin said...

I am so excited for you and your family. Not that much longer to go now!

Dennis and Karen said...

OK so I will comment. The more pain medication the better. Why should you suffer? Didn't with Nicole (busted a few blood vessel in my face), did with Renee (much easier). Not to say that it was pain free, but a little better. It's gonna hurt like crap, but it's over rather quickly. Back in the good ole days , they just put you to sleep. Not anymore. You'll be just fine. Hold Chris' hand really tight! He will not want to go through this again. Love ya both--Aunt Karen